[Insights Secure – 2018] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 30 December 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1
Topic: Salient features of world’s physical geography.
Topic: Role of women; Social empowerment
2) The right to privacy, as conceptualised in K Puttaswamy v Union of India, addresses many concerns that feminists have had with this right. Applied logically and robustly, this judgment has the potential to transform the landscape of women’s entitlements under the law. Discuss. (250 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
3) Accredited social health activists (ASHAs), despite being at the forefront of health activism and acting as crucial link in the institutionalisation of state health service delivery in India, face myriad of problems. Comment. (250 Words)
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
4) It is said that to chalk out the future course of action in view of the disputes regarding the use of Mahanadi river water, a well-rounded strategy that includes both the people and policymakers is needed. Discuss the nature of Mahanadi river dispute and strategy needed to resolve this dispute. (250 Words)
Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
5) Rethinking privacy as a social or collective paradigm would allow us to develop stronger principles to manage indiscriminate data collection and surveillance by state and non-state institutions. In the light of the K Puttaswamy v Union of India judgement, comment on the statement. (250 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
Topic: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
7) On December 18, 2017, the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) issued a draft notification to amend the Environment Impact Assessment Notification (2006) and subsequent amending notifications such as those issued in 2014 and 2016. Discuss these amendments and their significance.(250 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Work culture, Quality of service delivery
Topic: Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions;