All India Radio News Summary: 27 NOVEMBER 2017
- Prime Minister reiterates the need for simultaneous Lok Sabha and state Assembly elections; calls for maintaining balance between judiciary, legislature and executive.
Prime Minister has reiterated the need for simultaneous elections to Lok Sabha and state Assemblies.
Addressing the valedictory session of a two-day conference on National Law Day in New Delhi, PM said,
- Elections had become a costly affair for the country adding that frequent elections to state assemblies keep the nation in poll mode round the year affecting decision making.
- The country has had a good experience of conducting simultaneous elections.
- He also called for maintaining a balance in all constitutional bodies to fully realise the dream of the freedom fighters.
- The Prime Minister stressed on the need for the judiciary, legislature, and executive to strengthen each other and work together for a new India.
- On the pendency of a large number of cases in courts, PM suggested that evening courts can be started to tackle the issue as is already being done in some states.
- National Action Plan being prepared to increase milk production in the country, says Agriculture Minister.
Agriculture Minister said, there is a great need for adopting advance systems and strengthening the existing ones to meet the future challenges in milk production.
- The National Action Plan Vision-2022 is being prepared to meet the demand of milk and milk products and also to fulfill the objective of doubling farmers’ incomes.
- India continues to be the largest producer of milk in the world for the last 15 years. Milk production has increased from 137.7 million tonnes in 2013-14 to 164 million tonnes in 2016-17.
- In this period production increased by nearly 19 percent, along with the increase in per capita availability of milk.
- This phenomenal increase is contributed to the several measures initiated by the Center to increase the productivity of livestock.
- A new scheme “Rashtriya Gokul Mission” has been initiated for the first time in the country.
- Two “National Kamdhenu Breeding Centres” one each in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh are being setup for conservation of indigenous breeds.
- About 70 million rural households are engaged in dairying in India. The share of women in dairy has reached to 70 per cent of the total work force.
- Bali’s Mount Agung volcano
Fearing an imminent major eruption of Bali’s Mount Agung volcano, Indonesian authorities have raised the state of alert to its highest level.
- The evacuation zone around the volcano has also been widened. The island’s airport now closed has left thousands stranded in the tourist hotspot.
- All flights during this period have been cancelled.
- The Australian government, UK’s Foreign Office and China have advised travellers to be cautious if traveling to Bali.
- In Indonesia, about one lakh people near Bali’s Mount Agung have been ordered to evacuate as officials fear a major volcanic eruption.
- Indonesian authorities have raised the state of alert to its highest level and expanded the exclusion zone around the rumbling volcano.
- Deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar with various schemes extended till 31st March
The Centre told the Supreme Court that it was willing to extend up to the 31st of March next year the deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar with various schemes.
Presently, the last date to link Aadhaar with bank accounts is the 31st of December and for mobile numbers, the 6th of February next year.
- India and Russia signed an agreement for cooperation in tackling all forms of terrorism.
The pact was signed by Home Minister and Russia’s Interior Minister in Moscow after wide-ranging talks.
- The two strategic partners asserted that there were no good or bad terrorists and the menace should be fought jointly.
- The two ministers emphasized that cooperation in the field of security was an important aspect of the bilateral relationship.
- Indian and Russian representatives also signed a joint action plan for countering the threat posed by narcotics.
- The agreement will provide a legal framework for bilateral cooperation in this field.