[Insights Secure – 2017] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 12 October 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Social empowerment; Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
1) Why are Dalits denied equal rights despite laws against such a denial? Examine Dr Ambedkar’s views on the limitations of the present policies and the solution he offered for protection of rights of Dalits. (200 Words)
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
General Studies – 2
Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes;
3) A welfare scheme seeking change is only as effective as the mentality of the final beneficiary. How do you think can merging behavioural insights into policy making make its effectiveness better? Comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Role of civil services in a democracy.
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
General Studies – 3
Topic: Food security; Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
6) Food Adulteration is pervasive, persistent, and peculiar despite dedicated laws. With references to efforts that may be made by respective state governments, how can food adulteration be removed? Discuss. (200 Words)
7) Balancing local employment interests and consumer ease is crucial to making innovative business choices. Do you think taxi aggregators such as Uber and Ola threaten local drivers? Give reasons for your answer. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy – growth and development; Inclusive growth
8) In a recent report, the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) household finance committee found the average Indian household keeps just 5% of its wealth in financial assets. What measures can be taken to nudge households to invest more in financial assets? Also examine, from economy point of view, why is it important to push households to invest in financial assets. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: