[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 31 October 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Population and associated issues
1) According to the United Nations Population Division, India will host 48 million seniors over the age of 80 and 324 million citizens above 60 in 2050. Discuss implications of increasing population of elderly people for India. Do you think doing away with retirement age will help senior citizens and country? Examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Social empowerment
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
3) Why is it said that the global war on TB will not be successful till India wins the battle within its own boundaries first? Also discuss why fight against TB should be a serious concern. (200 Words)
Topic: Civil society; India and its neighborhood- relations.
4) In the light of warmongering between India and Pakistan, critically discuss what role could civil society play and what challenges it could face in helping normalization of relations between both the countries. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic:Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
5) Can economic growth alone achieve key Sustainable Development Goals? Examine what more needs to be done by India to achieve Goal 1 and 2 of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). (200 Words)
6) Recently, the Supreme Court ruled that temporary employees are entitled to regular pay scale, along with dearness allowance, as their peers in government. Discuss significance of this ruling. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic:Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions;
7) “We have been brought up with the hubristic and misleading belief that knowledge makes us truly human. It doesn’t, on its own. What makes us truly human is our knowledge of our ignorance.” Comment. (150 Words)