PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 17 October 2016
- Law and Order Administration:
- Laws are enacted without involving police in the conception stage, with the result implementation of these laws leaves much to be desired. Examine the role of police in protection of children.
- The design of the Indian police was to subjugate the India n people in the aftermath of 1857. Analyze in the context of Indian police Act of 1861.
- There is both criminalization of politics and politicization of criminals in India . Examine and identify the challenges they cause for law and order administration.
- Critically examine the concept of community policing as a tool for improving public-police relations.
- Discuss the significance and role of the Central Paramilitary Forces in maintaining law and order and countering insurgency as well as terrorism.
- “Even though law and order administration is a State subject in the Indian Constitution, it is paradoxical that the para-military and other kinds of security forces under the Union Government have grown in recent years.” Critically analyse the statement.