PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 15 October 2016
- Urban Local Government:
- Municipal administration in India faces both structural and operational challenges. examine in context of the post 74th amendment act.
- SPVs of smart cities are antithetical the zeal of 74th amendment. Critically examine.
- The 14th Finance Commission highlighted an indispensable need to improve the finances of rural and urban level bodies. Does this make local bodies more accountable in the discharge of their functions?
- How do the Union Government policies on Smart and AMRUT Cities address the problems of management of urban development? Explain.
- “Municipal governance in India is not sufficiently prepared to meet the challenges of frequent natural disasters.” Elucidate the statement and add your own suggestions.
- To what extent has the 74the Constitutional Amendment Act created a ‘federation within a federation’ in India?