PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 13 October 2016
- Rural Development:
- The second generation reforms in Panchayati Raj institution have changed Panchayats from an agency of Development at local level into a political institution. comment
- The concept of social audit is more comprehensive than that of traditional audit. comment
- Gandhian model of decentralisation is similar to the process of reinventing governance. Analyze in the context of good governance.
- The 73rd amendment, it is felt, may accentuate fiscal indiscipline by establishing between states and local governments a system of transfers, similar to the one in place between central and state government (world d bank) Comment
- “Decentralised governance must serve as an instrument of realizing social change and social justice.” Comment on the statement.
- NGOs demand greater autonomy from the State and are now ‘new actors’ in development. How effective are they as instruments of decentralization and debureaucratisation? Critically evaluate.