PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 06 October 2016
- Civil Services:
- Civil service neutrality is founded on the application of the principles of rule of law. Comment
- Public Administration today tends to be less of public in quantitative terms, but more responsive to public needs than before in qualitative terms. Examine with reference to citizen centric administration
- “Most Civil Servants in India are competent administrators, but they pay little attention to encourage people’s participation in decision-making.” Comment on the statement.
- Comment on the reason why universal theory remains elusive in comparative public administration.
- 14th Finance commission is a strong push towards true federalism. Do you agree? Also comment on the dissenting notes to 14th Finance commission report by Prof.Abhijit Sen.
- “Bureaucracy is institutional incarnation of political alienation” Explain the statement. And argue how Indian bureaucracy can be changed to function as Indian civil services.