PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 04 October 2016
- District Administration since Independence:
- Reducing the size (geographical area) of the district will provide relief to the overburdnened and overworked collector. comment
- District collector is a legacy of the British Raj and has largely remained insulated from the demands of contemporary professionalism. Discuss
- Would you agree that the strong Rechsstaal version of the rule of law found on the Continent never existed in England because of the its particular history?
- Ramsay Macdonald: DC is a tortoise on whose back stood the elephant of Indian administration. Discuss
- “What Fetishism of commodities is to economics, bureaucracy is to politics” – Elucidate in context of 21st century India.