[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 03 October 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Social empowerment
1) Is it time for India to scrap the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act of 1989? Critically evaluate record of this Act in empowering the SC and ST communities. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests,
2) Recently, the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries decided to trim is collective output of oil by about 700,000 barrels a day. Examine why this decision has been taken? What will be its implications? (200 Words)
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
General Studies – 3
Topic; Conservation (of humans /dogs!?)
5) More than 20 million people in India are bitten by dogs, and 20,000 die because of rabies, annually. Dogs also directly kill a dozen or more people, mostly children, every year. In this light, examine what legal and institutional mechanism exist in India to deal with this problem. Also highlight issues involved in dealing with this problem. (200 Words)
6) More than any other country, India needs an effective industrial policy to stimulate domestic job creation.What should be the features of this policy? Which sectors should be nurtured? And what would be the best ways to nurture them? Discuss. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Attitude: social influence and persuasion.
7) In the light of recent incident in Tamil Nadu where opposition parties demanded health record of ailing Tamil Nadu Chief Minister to be made public, discuss the ethical issues involved in such demands. Assuming you are an editor of a newspaper and somehow you get access to these health records, will you publish them? Justify. (200 Words)
Topic: Empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weakersections.