[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 30 September 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Social empowerment; Poverty and developmental issues
General Studies – 2
Topic: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability
2) Do you think the Lodha Committee’s report on the administration of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is an intrusion into affairs of otherwise well governed sport in India? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations
3) Do you think recent surgical and pre-emptive strikes by Indian forces against terrorist bases in PoK region is a paradigm shift in India’s foreign policy vis a vis Pakistan? What will be its consequences? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources.
4) The Central government recently announced the setting up of the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA), conceived as a special purpose vehicle to accrue and disburse funds to certain institutions of higher education in the country. Examine objectives of HEFA and concerns expressed against it. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources
General Studies – 3
Topic; Awareness in biotechnology
Topic: Economic growth and development
7) It is argued that India should integrate more fully with the global economy to achieve rapid growth. What are the challenges India faces? How can it integrate better with the global economy? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Attitude: social influence and persuasion.
8) The causes of many social problems in India are rooted in mindset of people. To change mindset, it is said that policymakers should make use of behavioural science. How can behavioural science help a public servant in changing mindset of people to address problems such as open defecation and violence against women? Suggest out of the box solutions. (200 Words)