Topic:Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems;
8) You are working as Deputy Superintendent of Police in a sub-division where powerful politicians are controlling various illegal activities such as illegal alcohol distribution, sand mining etc. Being a strict and honest officer, you have tried your best to curb illegal activities. However, politicians in the region who have influence and money, have tried to intimidate you in the past. Some have spread rumours about you. Some have files false cases against you. Recently, a local politician organized a protest against you where hundreds of people brought from surrounding regions shouted against you demanding your transfer. Moreover, your senior officers are not lending any support to you. You have reached a point where you are thinking that it’s impossible to administer by strictly following rulebooks.
Following are your options:
- Resign from the job and go back to your native
- Resign and join politics to clean the system
- Continue in the job being dumb and deaf to all allegations and protests against you
- Seek transfer to another place
Analyse the merits and demerits of each of the above options and suggest any other best course of action (justify giving reasons). (250 Words)