[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 23 April 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Population and associated issues; Urbanization – problems and remedies;
Topic: Changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
2) A recent study has shown that a global warming of 2°C will be substantially more devastating for the planet’s climate than 1.5°C by 2100. How will a rise in 2 degree celsius rise would affect the world, especially South Asia? Is fixing target at 1.5 degree celsius practical? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
3) “The water crisis is not just the result of two consecutive failed monsoons, it is a direct outcome of the inability of the governments over decades to manage sensibly, sensitively and sustainably India’s water resources.” Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic:Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
5) Recently, Delhi government said that to improve education, it wants CCTV cameras installed in classrooms and some 90 principals sent to Cambridge for a 10-day training in leadership.Do you think such measures would improve quality of education? Critically comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Disaster management
6) In recent months, fire related disasters are causing damages to both human lives and property. Why do such disasters take place? How can such disasters be prevented and managed? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Dimensions of ethics
7) Recently, Maharashtra legislature passed the Maharashtra Prohibition of Obscene Dance in Hotels, Restaurants and Bar Rooms and Protection of Dignity of Women (Working Therein) Act, 2016. Critically analyse the ethical issues this Act has given rise to. (200 Words)