MAINS SELF STUDY GUIDE: Insights Mock Test – 15 (GS-2)
Insights Mains Offline Test Series 2015
GENERAL STUDIES – 2
Mock Test – 15
21 October 2015
Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Answer ALL the questions in NOT MORE THAN 200 words each. Contents of the answers are more important than its length. All questions carry equal marks. (10×10 = 100)
- Recently, the government released data from the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 and it has said that henceforth it would be the basis of various targets of government programmes. Do you think, henceforth, the consumption-based poverty estimates using NSS (National Sample Surveys) data will be insignificant? Also examine the differences between these two data.
- It is said that India’s healthcare system in many respects is on life support. In the light of recently released National Health Profile 2015, critically discuss the state of affairs of healthcare system in India and causes of its poor condition.
- Considering more emphasis being made on skilling the people in India, do you think MGNREGA should be scrapped? Critically comment.
- Recently India and USA inked a tax information sharing agreement under FATCA, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. How will this agreement mutually benefit both countries? Examine.
- Who is a Public Authority under the Right to Information Act, 2005? What implications, recent refusal by six national parties to comply with the Central Information Commission (CIC) order of 2013 declaring them as Public Authorities, will have on functioning of Indian polity and democracy? Critically examine.
- Do you think citizen charters act as an effective instruments in bringing transparency and accountability in public offices? What are the alternatives? Examine.
- Write a note on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and examine how would it affect India’s interests.
- Critically discuss the social, economic and geo-political significance of constructing a land bridge across the Palk Strait for the countries concerned. Will it be more beneficial than dredging the Pamban channel? Examine.
- “Both oil exploration in the South China Sea and infrastructure development in the POK may be two different issues involving different sub-regions; but the Chinese and Indian approaches and reactions and their pursuit of ‘national interests’ in these matters compels the drawing of a parallel.” Discuss.