MAINS SELF STUDY GUIDE: Insights Mock Test – 11 (GS-1)
Insights Mains Offline Test Series 2015
GENERAL STUDIES – 4 ETHICS
Mock Test – 11
13 October 2015
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Answer ALL the questions in NOT MORE THAN 150 words each. Contents of the answers are more important than its length. All questions carry equal marks. (15×10 = 100)
- How did Indian culture spread to South – East Asia and which religion played major role in it? Examine.
- “The most remarkable development in the religious field in India from about the sixth century A.D. was the spread of Tantricism.” Examine the features of Tantricism and its impact on society at that time.
- The reformers of socio-religious movements of the nineteenth century were aiming at modernization rather than westernization. Examine why and how they aimed modernization instead of westernization.
- Gandhiji declared Gopal Krishna Gokhale as his political Guru. In the light of their contribution to India’s freedom struggle, compare and contrast both personalities.
- The terms of the Gandhi – Irwin Pact and the motives of Gandhiji in signing the Pact have generated considerable controversy and debate among contemporaries and historians alike. Examine what these controversies are and comment if they have any merit.
- “The communal consciousness arose as a result of the transformation of Indian society under the impact of colonialism and the need to struggle against it.” Elaborate.
- Examine why the Indian national Army agitation is considered as a landmark event in the history of India’s freedom struggle against the British.
- Can you call the absorption and assimilation of a multitude of principalities into India by Sardar Patel as silent and bloodless revolution? Critically comment.