[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 22 September 2015
22 September 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes; Poverty and developmental issues
1) Critically discuss how the poor people around the world will be affected by climate change effects and other natural disasters. What global institutional mechanism do they have to support their cause? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Important aspects of governance; Functions of Parliament
2) In the light of recent controversy over relations between RBI and the finance Ministry, it is argued that the regulators of important sectors of economy that enjoy autonomy should be made accountable. In this regard, how can Parliament ensure fine balance between autonomy and accountability for these regulators? Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
3) Recently Japan’s government ordered all of the country’s public universities to end education in the social sciences, the humanities and law. Do you think this is a wise decision? Examine the reasons behind such a decision and its likely consequences. Also discuss if India should issue similar order and focus on engineering and other professional courses. (250 Words)
Topic: e-Governance; Fundamental rights; Important aspects of governance
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
5) It is opined that the hill elite in Nepal have thwarted what could have been a truly inclusive and democratic Constitution. Do you think so? What’s India’s role in it? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indian Economy; subsidies; resource mobilization
Topic: Awareness in Space
General Studies – 4
Topic: Social influence and persuasion;
8) You are working as a Group C government employee. Your salary can help you lead a reasonably good life but you are not able to save any money at the end of the month. Your parents had persuaded your wife to leave her job where she was earning as much as you are earning now. She now looks after home and your two children. Your parents are rich farmers but you haven’t received any property or money from them all your life. Recently, influenced by government’s persuasion to give up LPG subsidy, you decide to do the same. Your wife is furious. She tells you that it is for rich people to give up LPG and not for her family which is struggling hard to buy a own home or some jewellery for herself or even buy her children good toys.