[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 16 September 2015
16 September 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
General Studies – 2
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections.
2) The recent release of summary findings from the Rapid Survey on Children (RSOC), in the absence of latest NFHS report, has revealed interesting data related to child health in India. Critically comment on the findings of this report. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
3) In recent months India has tried to upgrade its relations with North Korea. Comment on their present relationship and examine how will India benefit from better relations with North Korea. (150 Words)
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Effects of liberalization on the economy
5) Fuel pump dealers want the ministry of petroleum and natural gas to shift to a maximum retail price (MRP) regime in diesel and petrol pricing. Why? Examine how this measure will impact consumers. (150 Words)
Topic: Conservation, EIA
6) The government has decided to open degraded forest land to commercial lumber, paper pulp and other wood based industries provided they have a sustainable development model. Do you think this is a right step considering India’s reducing forest cover? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic : Challenges to internal security through communication network; Social media
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in private relationship; Attitude; Emotional intelligence
8) Your close friend could not clear UPSC civil services Mains exam despite working extremely hard. Since result, she is scared about the future. She expected interview call and was also hopeful of getting a rank. She is now skeptical about the whole exam process. She wants to quit and take up another job. Yet, her inner desire to serve society by becoming a civil servant is still strong. She is in great confusion. She often tells you that she wants to go back to her previous software job, but she is afraid that her parents and friends might mock at her as quitter as she still has age and attempts with her. Sometimes she unintentionally demotivates you by telling you that your hard work will be useless just as hers was. You are worried about her, but you realize that your studies is being affected by her negative attitude. One day she asks you to give a final advice to her which she promises to follow.