[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 08 September 2015
08 September 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Role of women;
General Studies – 2
Topic: e-Governance; Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources.
2) It is agreed that E-learning could be the key to addressing the education challenges in the country today. How can digital technology be used to improve learning skills and quality of education? Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure
3) It is argued that ending unearned privileges of both top civil and military services would help repair civil-military relations. Examine what these privileges are and critically comment on this issue. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
4) What do you understand by a Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT)? Recently the Law Commission of India released model draft to redraft archaic BITs. Critically examine how this draft seeks to protect the interests of both the government and investors. (200 Words)
Topic: Laws and mechanisms for vlunerable section
General Studies – 3
Topic: Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
6) Recently the World Economic Forum ranked India very low, mostly in the bottom half, globally on most of the parameters for inclusive growth and development, even as it fares much better internationally when it come to business and political ethics. In your opinion, what are the causes of this low ranking and how we can address them? Critically discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to intellectual property rights
Topic: Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems
8) Despite not being a water-short country, India is facing several challenges when it comes to conserve water for irrigation purposes. Examine these challenges and suggest the measures needed to conserve water for irrigation purposes. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: role of educational institutions in inculcating values.