Insights Current Affairs Quiz
From today onwards, we will be starting current events quiz. The quiz will have 5-10 MCQs every day. The questions are mainly framed from The Hindu news articles.
Hope you enjoy this quiz. If you like it, then please share it. Thank you.
Note: Please refresh the page 2-3 times if Quiz button doesn’t respond.
INSIGHTS CURRENT EVENTS QUIZ 2015-16
0 of 6 questions completed
The following Quiz is based on the current events that we post every day on our website.
To view Solutions, follow these instructions:
Click on – ‘Start Quiz’ button
Click on ‘Quiz Summary’ button
Click on ‘Finish Quiz’ button
Now click on ‘View Questions’ button – here you will see solutions and links.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements about ‘Sallekhana’:
- It is a religious practice in which a Jain stops eating with the intention of preparing for death
- It is a religious practice in which a Jain fasts to death in order to, among others, seek redemption for sins committed
- Such an act shall be registered as a criminal case and investigated by the police
- It is also known as ‘Santhara’
Choose the correct answer:Correct
Consider the following statements about Minimum Alternative Tax (MAT):
- It is applicable on all companies except those in infrastructure only
- It is dealt with in Section 115-JB of the Income Tax Act
Choose the correct answer:
Which among the following rivers are tributaries of River Krishna?
- Mahadayi (Mandovi)
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
“Atoms for Peace” is another name for an organization often seen in the news. With reference to it, consider the following statements:
- It is within the United Nations family
- It promotes safe, secure and peaceful Neutrino research
- It is commonly known as the “Global Neutrino Network”
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:Correct
Consider the following statements regarding the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC):
- It has 21 members including India.
- In APEC, all economies have an equal say and decision-making is reached by consensus.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?Correct
Explanation: India is not a member.Incorrect
Explanation: India is not a member.
Tides occur in oceans and seas due to which of the following?
- Gravitational Force of the Sun
- Gravitational Force of the Moon
- Gravitational Force of the Earth
Select the correct answer using the code given below:Correct