[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 24 August 2015
24 August 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR MAINS-2015 JOURNEY
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: World History; Redrawal of boundaries
1) Discuss the causes and consequences of the 1950-53 Korean War. Also examine if the nature of boundary problem between two Koreas has any similarities to the boundary problem between India and Pakistan. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests
2) Recent developments in the Chinese financial sector have raised concerns globally about another looming crisis. Critically examine what impact these developments can possibly have on India and the world. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
4) It is increasingly being perceived both by foreign and domestic investors that India is arbitrary about taxes. In the light of recent developments, critically examine if this perception is misplaced. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indian economy
5) Do you think the recently launched Indradhanush, a seven-point programme to rejuvenate public sector banks (PSBs), will be able to provide a competitive, profitable and customer-friendly banking sector? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Science and Technology- developments;
6) Recently the Union Cabinet cleared guidelines for spectrum sharing. What are the objectives of these guidelines? Do you think they would solve some of the pressing problems faced by consumers of telecommunications services? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy – Growth; Employment
7) It is found that the Indian economy went through a period of “jobless growth” when five million jobs were lost between 2004-05 and 2009-10. Critically analyse the causes of this pattern of growth. (200 Words)
Topic: Awareness in the fields of IT, Computers,
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethical concerns and dilemmas in private institutions; Ethics in human actions