[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 15 June 2015
15 June 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Salient features of Indian Society; Social empowerment; women issues
1) It is argued that the concept of marital rape is not suitable in the Indian context due to illiteracy, poverty, social customs, values, religious beliefs, and other factors. Do you agree with this view? Critically comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources; Inclusive growth and issues arising from it (Paper-3)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Infrastructure – Railways
4) Recently a panel headed by Bibek Debroy submitted its recommendations on railway restructuring to the government. Analyse its recommendations and suggest what needs to be done to modernise and make Indian Railways efficient and profitable. (200 Words)
Topic: Linkages between development and spread of extremism;
5) Critically examine the factors that have helped the emergence of Islamic State in the Middle East. Do you think this organisation poses greater threat than Al-Qaeda and Taliban? Substantiate. (200 Words)
Topic: Changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
6) Recently the Telangana government introduced the Right to Clearance policy in order to speed up clearance of industrial projects. Critically comment on the merits and demerits of this policy. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance;
Topic: challenges of corruption.
8) “The problem is around our societal perception of how corruption should be battled. And even more about the systems we build around battling corruption and the warped incentive system we have built in the process.” With reference to India’s fight against corruption and the challenges it is facing, critically comment on the statement. (200 Words)