Following are the Revision Questions based on topics covered between March 16 to March 28 in Insights Secure – 2015.
Answer the following questions in about 200 Words.
1) Do you think disinvestment policy of government of India has succeeded in fulfilling its objectives? Critically analyse India’s disinvestment policy and its evolution since 1991.
2) The peasant movements during 1920s in U.P. and Malabar were closely linked with the politics at the national level. Examine how politics at national level influenced these movements.
3) Critically comment on the merits and demerits of India’s renewed focus on controlling the rise in population.
4) The Economic Survey – 2015 suggests that the JAM Number Trinity – Jan Dhan Yojana, Aadhaar and Mobile numbers will act as cushion to poor and vulnerable against the effects of government’s plan to phase out subsidies. Examine how.
5) Critically examine how did certain events during the national movement shape Bhagat Singh’s ideology about revolutions.
6) The Economic Survey – 2015 makes a strong case for increasing public investment in Indian Railways. Examine why.
7) How did Jawaharlal Nehru’s strategy of struggle for independence differ from that of Gandhiji’s? Critically examine.
8) On which sector should the newly launched ‘Make in India’ campaign focus and why – manufacturing or services? Substantiate.
9) “The Rajkot Satyagraha brought into clear focus the paradoxical situation that existed in the States and which made the task of resistance a very complex one. ” Examine.
10) Write a critical note on the objectives and performance of Inter-State Councils.