27 February 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Please Check This Article for Latest Update and New Initiative!
General Studies – 1;
Topic: urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
1) A recent survey has shown that urbanisation is not a panacea for concerns about public safety. Rather, cities must invest in the “right kind” of urbanisation, with the sort of infrastructure seen in the largest cities. What in your opinion is ‘right kind’ of urbanisation that ensures public safety, especially safety for women? Discuss. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: responsibilities of the Union and the States; Government policies
2) In 2015 railway budget, the railway minister presented before the parliament a White Paper on railways. What do you understand by ‘White Paper’? Why is it presented by the government? Also examine how does it differ from other policy instruments of the government. (150 Words)
Topic: Appointment to various Constitutional posts;
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries
4) Israeli settlements on the West Bank are opposed by the West, by Arab states on many grounds. Why do they oppose these settlements? Do you see any merit in this? What is India’s opinion on this? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Infrastructure: Railways etc
5) “Indian Railways plays a pivotal role in reviving economic growth in the country and investment in the railways has a large multiplier effect on the rest of the economy.” Examine how the 2015 railways budget seeks to achieve this goal. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: ethical concerns and dilemmas in private institutions
6) Some see that the growing commercialisation of medical care, ranging from general practitioners to super specialists, in corporate hospitals is unethical. Do you think treating patient with profit motive is unethical? Critically comment why. (150 Words)