10 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Examine the factors that have helped China to become world leader in production of energy from renewable sources. In your opinion, what lessons can India learn from Chinese? Discuss.
2) Do you think the recent defence pact signed between Russia and Pakistan would affect relations between India and Russia? Critically comment.
3) Some analysts opine that India should be worried because of growing closeness between Russia and China. Critically examine why.
4) Write a critical note on the spread of the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A virus in India and the efforts made by the government to tackle it.
5) ” As a secular democracy, India cannot possibly adopt as its national scripture a book revered by any one religion.” In the light of ongoing controversy regarding making Gita the National Scripture, critically comment on the statement.
6) Critically examine the model of functioning of Uber, a rideshare and taxi service company which in news recently for violating norms and laws in many nations.
7) Critically analyse the main strategic considerations behind China’s growing interest in South Asia and their implications on India.