28 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “The Indian government’s proposal to ban the sale of loose cigarettes represents a simple and progressive means of delivering healthcare to the population without incurring vast costs.” Critically comment.
2) Write a critical note on “Kathmandu Declaration” – recently signed by SAARC member countries.
3) Critically examine how and why the Trade Facilitation Agreement of WTO, if implemented, would help the global economy.
4) Critically comment on the status of women safety in India.
5) Examine the criteria notified by RBI to set up a Payment Bank in India. Also examine how will Payment Banks help in achieving financial inclusion.
6) “When it comes to corruption, political and administrative expediency, not principles of good governance and the rule of law, rule the roost, regardless of which set of political parties is in power.” Critically comment.
7) “The Ferguson episode shows how nothing has changed for the African-American community since Abraham Lincoln signed the emancipation proclamation into law in 1863.” Critically comment.