27 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) The American Federal Communications Commission, or FCC, is currently locked in a fierce debate about the concept of net neutrality with Internet Service Providers. Critically examine the issue with special reference to India.
2) In recent months there have been reports of unethical and immoral behaviour by start-up and other established companies in Silicon Valley. With examples analyse why their behaviour is considered as unethical and then critically comment on the reasons.
3) “The ‘Right to be Forgotten’ should have universal applicability.” Critically comment.
4) “As expectations for ‘second generation reforms’ soar, it is important to remind ourselves of the nature and magnitude of the challenge.” Critically examine the challenges and comment on them.
5) Write a note on the significance of the Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Bill, 2014 that was recently passed by Lok Sabha.
6) Write a short note one the significance of Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014 that was recently passed by the Parliament.
7) “If consolidation is to be truly meaningful in the Indian banking sector, public sector banks (PSBs) must wake up to the reality now.” Comment.
8) Critically comment on the findings of the latest United Nations Population Fund report especially about the potential of demographic dividend.
9) “Germans are celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall, but new walls have been erected around Europe to keep away immigrants and refugees.” Critically comment.