26 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “The Article 259C of Pakistan Penal Code is the root cause of many of Pakistan’s recent sectarian crises.” Critically comment.
2) “The new and improved Model Police Bill, put forward by the Soli Sorabjee Committee, set up by the ministry of home affairs, offers a solution to the issue of the relationship between the police and the political executive.” Critically discuss.
3) “For all its trappings of a multilateral organisation, the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, whose leaders are gathering in Kathmandu this week, is only an aggregation of India’s bilateral relations with its neighbours.” Comment.
4) Critically comment on India’s record at preserving heritage sites within its borders. Examine what needs to be done to improve the record.
5) What measures would you suggest to stop the disturbing trend of decreasing child sex ratio? Explain.
6) “Secularism truly means keeping religion out of politics. Likewise, democracy truly means keeping politics out of religion.” Critically examine how well this statement applies to India.
7) Write a short note on SeaBed robot.
8) “The law pertaining to juvenile crimes in India is too liberal.” Critically comment.