22 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “The structure of the civil service, which is largely unchanged since Independence, might benefit from a greater focus on merit rather than seniority for promotions and incentives for good performance.” Critically comment.
2) Write a note on the issue of RTI and application of its provisions to political parties in India.
3) Write a note on the contribution of popular cinema to the music of India.
4) Critically comment on the immigration policy of USA and its effect on Indian immigrants.
5) Write a critical note on ‘Oocyte cryopreservation’ and issues related to it.
6) Write a critical note on the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and India’s compliance with IPCD’s provisions.
7) Critically discuss various obstacles to greater cooperation and connectivity between SAARC countries with special emphasis on India’s role.
8) Examine the highlights of recently signed framework agreement to strengthen defence and security cooperation between India and Australia.