21 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine the important recommendations made by the T S R Subramanian committee, constituted recently to review laws related to environment and forest protection.
2) Critically assess the objectives, design and implementation of rural housing schemes in India.
3) Write a critical note on the Section 96 of the Beijing declaration and platform for action.
4) Write a critical note on the power of ‘executive order’ of the President of the USA. Examine why some of these orders are controversial.
5) What do you understand by ‘carbon budget’? Examine its nature on earth in the light of recent UN reports.
6) ” Universal Health Care (UHC) is a complex idea and contains several prerequisites that need to be carefully incorporated into its conceptualisation, design and implementation.” Critically examine these prerequisites.