20 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine why the relaunch of Kisan Vikas Patras scheme has been criticised by some analysts.
2) In the light of recent deal between USA and China on climate change mitigations and the synthesis report released by IPCC, critically analyse what should be India’s priorities and response to climate change mitigation deals.
3) Recently the board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) cleared big-bang market reforms, including a move to replace the two-decade-old insider-trading rules with the new prohibition of insider trading (PIT) regulations, and amending the existing delisting regulations. Discuss these norms and their possible impact on the economy and concerned stakeholders.
4) Write a critical note on recent issues regarding appointments to important offices such as CVC, CBI and Lokpal and government’s response to these issues.
5) Do you support caste census? Substantiate why.