18 November 2014
Answer the following questions in about 200 words:
1) It is argued that India needs to either increase or convert existing diesel-based power plants into LNG-based ones. Examine why.
2) An experts’ panel, headed by Vijay C Kelkar recently made recommendations on petroleum reforms. Write a note on important recommendations of the panel.
3) Write a note on India related highlights of the United Nations Population Fund’s (UNFPA) State of the World’s Population Report-2014.
4) “In spite of six decades of counterinsurgency, insurgencies in India have thrived.” Critically comment on the reasons.
5) “Kashmir is India’s greatest moral and political failure.” Critically comment.
6) Critically comment on India’s population control strategy and methods.
7) “Many Indian thinkers are coming to realise that using the idea of strategic autonomy as an excuse to avoid building connections with others is a mistake.” Analyse why.