17 November 2014
Answer the following questions in about 200 words:
1) What do you understand by Share round-tripping? An issue related to share round-tripping was recently in news. Examine what was it about.
2) Write a note on the Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC)
3) Critically examine the role that could be played by the Indian diaspora in Indian government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
4) What were the main features of the Cold War? Do you think, considering recent developments in Europe, the world would witness another Cold War? Comment.
5) Examine the relationship between India and the European Union in the areas of environment, science and technology, and research.
6) Write a note on the Base Erosion and Profit Sharing (BEPS) system and its relevance to India’s fight against black money.
7) Critically discuss the importance of the office of the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha.
8) In India, few states have tried to replicate Singapore Model of growth either in their capital cities or in some major cities. Examine the main features of this Singapore Model and critically comment if this model is suitable to Indian cities.
9) Critically analyse why the Islamic State is attracting large number of recruits from parts of Africa and Asia.
10) “The decline in oil prices has serious economic and political implications for producer countries experiencing domestic turmoil, such as Iraq, Libya and Yemen” Examine