14 November 2014
Answer the following questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically comment on Jawaharlal Nehru’s contribution to post – Independent India.
2) The problems faced by the sugar industry in India are interconnected and go much deeper. Examine the problems and suggest measures to overcome them.
3) Critically comment the provisions and implementation of the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act in India.
4) Write a critical note the problems faced by Tamils and Tamil dominated regions in Sri Lanka. Also examine their demands from the Sri Lankan government and India.
5) Discuss why in-depth study of comets is very important for earth’s inhabitants. Examine the efforts made towards comet studies by space agencies around the world.
6) Write a critical note on water consumption pattern in India by industries and domestic households.
7) Examine the consequences of climate change on some of the vulnerable regions of India.
8) “India’s global competitiveness is inextricably linked to its ability to formulate and implement sound and effective public policies.” In the light of India’s poor ranking in the Global Competitiveness Report 2014-15 published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), analyse the importance of sound public policy for ensuring good governance and increasing competitiveness.
9) Critically examine why good relations between Russia and USA is good for making the world nuclear-free.
10) Has the G-20 become redundant? Critically analyse.