13 November 2014
Answer the following questions in about 200 words:
1) Write a note on the significance of the European Space Agency’s Rosetta mission.
2) Critically comment on the significance of the recent agreement reached by China and USA to cut their nation’s carbon emissions.
3) Critically examine why developed countries are insistent about implementation of the Bali Package. What is India’s position on it? Do you think India’s position is justified? Comment.
4) “The gender pay divide is now a well-established fact and it is equally well-known that it carries the centuries-old legacy of the Industrial Revolution.” Critically discuss the reasons behind the gender pay gap and its effect on women.
5) With examples, critically discuss IPR issues related to India’s traditional products and their patenting or trademarking by foreign companies.
6) “The quality of doctors and doctors’ training in India has been declining over the years for various reasons.” Examine why.
7) Write critical note on India’s sterilization program and its gender dimensions.
8) India’s case burden of pneumonia and diarrhoea continues to be high, but marginal progress has been recorded toward improving life-saving interventions to prevent child deaths. Examine the reasons for high prevalence of these diseases and the steps taken by government to reduce their prevalence.
9) Examine the new areas of cooperation and partnership between India and Myanmar in the light of recent positive developments that are taking place in Myanmar.