[UPSC Mains-2014] Insights Secure Questions on current events, 08 November 2014
- November 8, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
08 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine how the fall of the Berlin Wall affected the Germany.
2) Examine why Flanders Fields, the area straddling the Belgian provinces of West Flanders and East Flanders is significant to India.
3) “One of the blunders in India’s recent diplomacy was the decision to team up with China in the climate change negotiations that took place at Copenhagen in 2009.” Critically comment.
4) Discuss the objectives of establishing Nalanda University in Bihar. Examine how different this University strives to be from other universities in India.
5) Write a critical note on cultural relations between India and Bhutan
6) Critically discuss the strategies adopted and their outcome by India and neighbouring countries to conserve and protect wild elephants.
7) Write a critical note on India’s agreement with Israel to combat various security threats together.
8) Few years after independence, the union government added ‘public order’ among the reasons for which the right to free expression may be restricted under our Constitution. What do you understand by ‘public order’? Do you think this particular clause should be deleted? Critically comment.