07 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “The economic reforms need to be properly linked with social benefits.” Has India succeeded in this establishing this linkage? Critically examine.
2) Critically comment on the impact of outcome of recent midterm polls in USA on India.
3) Recently the United Nations-backed Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released its fifth report on climate change and its effects on health and economies. Do you think these reports have had desired impact on policies of governments in favour of climate change mitigation? Critically comment on the outcome of these reports.
4) Some activists argue that some of the provisions of the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act (ITPA), 1956 are outdated and also violate rights of certain section of the society. Critically examine.
5) Some people believe that modern scientific inventions were known to the ancient-most Indians. Do you buy this argument? Critically discuss.
6) ” The inability to fully grasp and copy the most rudimentary of time-tested western — now Chinese — models for cities, highways, trains, bridge designs, auto and transport ideas, Bus Rapid Transit Systems (BRT), etc. has left the country’s landscape a time warp of incompetence and despair.” In the light of India’s slow growth in infrastructure sector, critically examine.
7) What do you understand by artificial intelligence? Examine the need for ethics in the development of artificial intelligence.