01 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine the sources of black money and the reasons for its growth in India.
2) Compare and contrast the person Jawaharlal Nehru was before and after independence.
3) The Union government wants to install 100,000 Mw (or 100 Gw) of solar power generating capacity during next five years (by 2019). Examine the challenges this grand scheme might face and the opportunities it might provide.
4) Write a note on the 80:20 scheme for gold import in India. Recently there was a talk of revamping the scheme. Examine why.
5) Critically comment on recent internal developments in Myanmar and their effect on India.
6) Write a critical note on one rank, one pension scheme and its implications.
7) Write a note on the highlights and importance of“The New Delhi Declaration on Education” recently announced by the SAARC countries.
8) It is said that overall a much more confident, credible and effective national security and foreign policy is predicted to emerge over the next five years. Critically examine the recent trends and changes in India’s foreign policy.
9) “In India, we have given ourselves a democratic structure of governance but our values are highly feudal. So far as the police force is concerned, it is colonial in its structure, as well as values.” Critically comment.