28 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) The Aadhaar initiative raised many pertinent issues and debates involving the civil society, legislature, executive and judiciary. Critically examine these issues and throw light on the present status of the scheme.
2) Recently the government has announced massive push for solar power generation in the country. In this regard, examine the advantages of setting up of large solar power plants and the possible models of investment that are suited for such plants.
3) “Despite huge investments, India lacks ‘sea denial’ capability.” Critically analyse.
4) Write a short note on Project 75I
5) Critically examine the factors behind aggressive push by China to become a manufacturing hub for semiconductor chips. Also throw light on the concerns raised by the West and other developed countries regarding this issue.
6) Do you agree with the view that delays in environmental clearances are stagnating the growth of industries in India? Critically examine. Also throw light on some of the problems associated with environmental clearances in India and how they can be overcome.
7) Critically discuss recent decisions made about cleaning the River Ganga. Do you think the action plan prepared in this regard is a right step towards cleaning the river? Comment.
8) It is reported that many state governments are closing down government run primary schools for lack of attendance. Critically discuss why there is low attendance in public schools and if the decision to close down schools is a right move.
9) Compare and contrast the methods of teaching imparted at private and public schools in India and examine why parents are increasingly sending their children to private schools even in rural regions.
10) “Despite many recommendations by committees including standing committees in favour of higher defence reforms, nothing much has been done in this regard.” Comment.