25 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Recently government has decided to bring all life-saving drugs under its price control policy. Critically comment on government’s existing price control policy for pharmaceutical drugs and explain what would be the impact on various stakeholders of its new move to bring more drugs under this policy?
2) Write a note on the proposed the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) to be set-up in Gujarat.
3) Critically examine the constraints that were faced in the implementation of Direct Benefits Transfer in liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) scheme. Also examine the benefits of the scheme if implemented properly.
4) Write a note on the the Nabakalebara festival
5) Write a critical note on the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. In your opinion, how will India be benefited by becoming its member?
6) Recently, the Union government has set-up an office – the Centre-State coordinating office – within the Ministry of External Affairs. Examine its context and significance.
7) Comment on the strategy that helped India eradicate polio. Can this strategy be adopted by Pakistan with the help of India? Examine.
8) “Civil servant independence in the country is at best nominal.” With reference to the allegation that the Indian bureaucracy has become a spineless structure that cannot stand up to unethical pressures by the Executive, critically comment on the statement and also throw light on Supreme Court’s opinion on this matter as pronounced in a recent case.
9) Nigeria became first country to contain the Ebola virus transmission. Examine how it was successful and what lessons can be learnt from its experience by other affected nations.