14 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) It is said that more policy coordination in needed between emerging markets to deal with negative spillovers of development in some advanced countries. Examine the risks emerging markets face at present and how they can face those risks.
2) Critically comment on latest policy related developments that are taking place with regard to implementation and design of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
3) Examine India’s policy towards Kashmir and its population and its implications. Do you think it is in right direction? Critically comment.
4) “The country’s ‘security’ fears in engaging more closely with China’s regional economic outreach programmes are overdone.” Comment.
5) India is fast becoming a global hotspot for solar energy development with some of its states leading the way. Examine which union government’s policies are helping in this regard and also examine efforts made by state governments and their policies in this regard.
6) It is said that the growth of world economy is slowing down and the spectre of deflation is on the horizon. Examine the reasons behind this gloomy picture.
7) The Nobel memorial prize – 2014 for the work done in the filed of Economics has some important lessons for India. Examine.
8) Critically analyse the purpose, significance and outcome of recent visit by the Prime Minister of India to United States of America.
9) Rapid urbanization and globalization in India have created new habitats for mosquito breeding. Discuss the implications of this development and suggest what needs to be done.