08 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) There are several manufacturing sectors where India has succeeded like pharmaceuticals,automobiles and auto parts, and textiles, but not in other sectors. Examine why.
2) Comment on the significance of the recently concluded agreement on the gas-pricing formula for export of natural gas from India to Pakistan.
3) It is a concern that the financial needs of electioneering exert a malign influence on all policy making in India. In this regard, critically evaluate steps taken by the Election Commission of India to curb the effect of opaque money on the election-financing process.
4) India’s National Map Policy (NMP) released in 2005 has become outdated and anachronistic. Critically examine.
5) Write a note on The Broad Spectrum Confocal Microscope – recently developed in India.
6) Write a note on how technology can be used for better disaster preparedness.
7) “The entire regulatory framework pertaining to clinical trials needs to be overhauled and a clear, coherent and succinct set of stand-alone rules needs to be introduced for satisfying the principles laid down by the Supreme Court for approving trials .” Examine these principles set by the SC, the present regulatory framework and its drawbacks.
8) It is said that India’s successful mission to Mars was cost-effective and cheapest so far. Examine the reasons attributed for this low cost mission.
9) Though fracking technology has enabled USA to meet its energy demands domestically, there are serious concerns raised against this technology by the environmentalists. Critically comment on these concerns.