30 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Though Green Energy is crucial to India’s energy security efforts, there is a dearth of investment in the sector. Examine what efforts have been made by the Union government to increase investments in green energy in India.
2) As envisioned in the Treaty of Rome, the integration of European countries, is still a work in progress. Examine.
3) India’s crop protection chemicals sector needs to invest more in R&D to face many upcoming challenges. Analyse these challenges.
4) “While the post-9/11 rhetoric suggested a common perceptual image, both India and US have actually always had different frameworks for confronting terrorism and extremism.” Critically comment.
5) The Komagata Maru incident was an act of gross violation of human rights and a landmark event during India’s freedom struggle. Critically comment.
6) Critically comment on the major causes behind instability in the Mid-East region. Do you think the involvement of Western forces will help resolve crises in the region? Explain why.