27 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Illustrate with examples the role of philanthropy in development with special reference to India.
2) In 2010, micro-enterprises accounted for 79 per cent of non-farm employment in India, suggesting small-scale enterprises would continue to provide the majority of employment in the near future. But they face face enormous problems and challenges to sustain their business. Critically examine what they are and how government can help them.
3) India is not keen on finalizing bilateral trade and investment agreement (BTIA) with the USA. Examine why and explain how is BITA different from Free Trade Agreement.
4) In your opinion, should India send its troops and join a military coalition headed by the USA to fight Islamic State terrorists in Syria and Iraq? Critically comment.
5) Write a short note on Bagore ki Haveli
6) In Hong Kong students are protesting against certain Chinese policies. It is said that they want ‘complete decolonization.’ Comment on the reasons behind these protests and why they are demanding complete decolonization.
7) There many issues that need to be settled between India and USA to broaden and deepen their bilateral relationship. Critically discuss these issues.
8) The lateral entry of professionals from outside the civil services into government has long been considered a possible remedy for the apparent weakness of the bureaucratic setup. Do you support this measure? Crtically comment.