26 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “Creation of quasi judicial bodies or tribunals is an encroachment upon the power of the judiciary and the principle of separation of powers.” Critically comment.
2) The union government plans to increase the share of manufacturing sector in GDP from 15 percent to 25 percent. Explain what roadmap or measures does it intend to follow to achieve this goal.
3) Few years ago Air India was written off. But in recent years it has shown significant improvement in its performance. Examine the reasons for this turnaround.
4) There are many women workers at entry level in corporate and technology sectors, but they are non existent at the board level. Critically comment on the reasons behind this gender gap.
5) Recently a Chinese e-commerce company made an historic public issue at New York Stock Exchange for a record price. It is said that an Indian e-commerce company can not do the same. Explain why.
6) The success of upcoming GSLV-Mark III test is very crucial and important for India and ISRO. Explain why.
7) Write a note on the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument
8) The contribution of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector is immense to the Indian economy. But it also faces many problems. Examine these problems and what policy measures are put in place to address these problems and boost the sector.
9) Recent war on Islamic State by the USA and its allies in the Mid-East faces many dilemmas. Examine these dilemmas and how the USA seeks to address them.