24 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) The restructuring of the Railways Board and challenge of resources mobilization are two crucial aspects of reform of the Indian Railways. In this regard, examine the major issues and recommendations made by various committees.
2) The India-China-United States relationship is usually thought of in terms of Grand Strategy. What is Grand Strategy? What’s is India’s place in it? Critically examine.
3) At the heart of recent India – WTO stand-off is the issue of Amber Box quota. Critically comment.
4) World Food Programme (WFP), the U.N. aid agency finds itself simultaneously responding to half a dozen major crises in addition to helping the largest number of refugees in the world since the Second World War. Write a note on its mandate, structure and functions in the light of ongoing crises.
5) Critically analyse the trade relation between India and the USA.