17 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 Words:
1) What do you understand by fiscal consolidation? Examine the various ways in which the union government does this.
2) During last 25 years, India’s reforms have been far less impressive when compared with Southeast Asian countries, which have achieved double-digit growth. Critically comment why.
3) Critically comment on recent rules notified by the Ministry of Environment on granting forest clearances to developmental projects.
4) Write a critical note on the proposed BCIM (Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar) corridor and its benefits to India.
5) Critically examine why civil nuclear co-operations are crucial for India’s energy security.
6) Examine the role being played by the UN agencies in combating poverty and hunger across the world.
7) “With its enhanced strategic autonomy, New Delhi is now well-placed to positively and deeply engage with China with confidence on a bilateral platform or within the larger collective folds of the MSR initiative and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).” Elaborate.
8) “Federalism is a device to ensure participative role for the representatives of the States constituting the nation, in the decision-making process.” In the light of the provisions of the National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill, 2014 (NJAC Bill), critically comment on the statement.