16 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Apart from diplomacy, trade can be a major factor in normalizing relations between India and Pakistan. Critically examine.
2) In the era of social media and increasing use of technology for day to day works, the privacy has become a matter of concern. In the light of this statement, critically examine if our existing laws of evidence and criminal and civil procedure codes are in consonance with changing times.
3) Examine how technology can be used to manage natural disasters. Illustrate with examples.
4) Write a note on the creative productivity index prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit on behalf of the Asian Development Bank. How does it evaluate India? Examine.
5) India’s inland waterways are grossly underutilized. Examine their importance and how they can be used to boost economic growth. Give examples.
6) Write a critical note on food adulteration problem in India, its effects on health and government’s response to it.
7) Critically comment on various strategies adopted by the union and state governments to deal with the left wing extremism problem.
8) Examine the importance of the 2002 Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea for India.
9) Write a note on the objectives and importance of the National AYUSH Mission (NAM)
10) Examine how the presence of China in the Indian ocean is growing. Should India be concerned? Comment.
11) The outcome of Scotland’s referendum for independence, regardless of yes or no, would be a historic turning point. Examine why.