12 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) In India, poor quality of primary education is attributed to various factors amongst which teacher related issues are important. Identify these issues, comment on them and suggest measures to improve quality of primary education in India.
2) Which factors determine the location of a cement industry? Examine the reasons behind decentralisation of cement industry in the country, especially to the South and their performance.
3) “Global food insecurity will not disappear without the effective application of new technology.” Critically examine the arguments for and against usage of modern technologies in food production. In the light of the statement, in your opinion, what should be India’s priorities?
4) Discuss the science behind the origin and success of Green Revolution.
5) Write a note on Swachh Bharat Kosh and Swachh Vidyalaya schemes.
6) Write a note on Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), Australia Group, and the Wassenaar Arrangement and their relevance to India.
7) What do you understand by political attitudes? Critically comment on political attitude of conservatism that is on the rise in Europe.
8) Write a critical note on the conservation efforts taken to protect elephants in India. Examine what more needs to be done to protect their numbers.