11 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Write a note on important citizen-centric e-governance initiatives of the Union government. Also suggest how latest internet technologies can be used to make it easy for citizens to access government services.
2) Examine the implications of large trade blocks such as Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Regional Co-operation Economic Partnership (RCEP) and Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) on India.
3) Instead of privatisation of PUS banks, the government should improve the market’s confidence in the functioning of them and modernise financial system. Examine how this can be done.
4) Critically analyse the threat posed by non-state actors, both internal and external, to India’s internal security.
5) Critically examine the various issues plaguing Sri Lanka post its decisive win over LTTE and their impact on its relationship with India.
6) “There is little doubt that both the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Hamas have contributed to the Palestinian predicament.” Critically examine.
7) The SCO has become an influential organisation and an important factor in the emergence of a new polycentric world order. Discuss.
8) Write a note on locational factors of tea industry in India. Critically comment on various issues associated with this industry.