05 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Briefly analyse India’s relationship with Asia-Pacific countries. In your opinion, how does India benefit from strong relationship with these countries? Explain.
2) What is Price Index (PI)? How is it related to poverty estimation? Explain.
3) Examine the importance of whistle-blower policy to ensure transparent and honest corporate governance, especially in the Indian context.
4) “A revolution in rice production can occur by producing better seeds or through better cultivation methods. The combination can deliver fantastic results.” In the light of the statement, explain how better seeds can be produced and better cultivation methods can be adopted.
5) Critically comment on India’s counter-terrorism policy.
6) According to a WHO report, India recorded the highest number of suicides in Southeast Asia in 2012. Examine the nature of these suicides, government’s policy on it and implications of suicide on society.
7) Write a note on India’s White Revolution – its origin, growth, success and importance to India’s economy.
8) Discuss the nature of India – Australia relationship.